House and land packages in Mackay can offer incredible value and inclusions, but you’ll want to be sure you’re also choosing the right location and land that will hold its value and maximise your lifestyle in this tropical paradise. Here are three key tips for finding premier real estate in Mackay’s newer areas for your dream home build.
- Consider distance to key amenities
As with any property investment, it’s important to consider how close you’ll be to essential facilities. In Mackay these might include:
- Great schools
- Quality shops and medical facilities
- Mackay’s CBD
- Community features such as sports clubs and swimming pools, and
- Public transport links.
It’s also worth looking into how close you’ll be to the unique lifestyle features that make life in Mackay so appealing. So be sure to find out how close any potential property would be from Mackay’s stunning beaches, and a boat ramp if you love getting on the water.
For example, at Plantation Palms you’d be an easy 10 minutes from Blacks Beach and just 15 minutes from McCreadys Creek boat ramp.
- Choose a community with a clear vision
If you’re buying in a newer residential area of Mackay you may not be able to assess the established community just yet, so it’s worth taking a look at the development’s masterplan and answering a few questions such as:
- Does the overall vision suit your lifestyle and your family?
- Will new facilities be well planned and ideally located? And,
- Are there lots of green spaces planned to relax and unwind?
At Plantation Palms, for example, our Masterplan incorporates several green parks together with the existing Quarry Lake and native wetlands.
- Choose a block to suit your needs
Once you’ve narrowed down your suburb search within the Mackay property market, it’s time to choose your perfect block of land. There are several factors in the search for a winning block, including:
- Finding a block size that will not only suit your current needs, but also your future needs
- Choosing a block that gets plenty of sunlight and isn’t crowded in by neighbouring structures, and
- Selecting land that can fit a home that suits your family’s lifestyle. For example, you might be looking to build a home with a double garage, extra space for a backyard, or even put in a pool later on.
By considering these aspects early in your property search, you’ll be sure to find a spacious, ideally located property that’s located within a growing community.
Plantation Palms offers prime land and houses for sale in the Mackay region, together with house and land packages from a number of reputable builders. Any builder you choose can build your home at Plantation Palms.
We’d be delighted to show you some of the possibilities for your new place to call home. To get started, simply drop into our Sales Office at 38 Palmetto Crescent (off Rosewood Drive), Rural View.